Remember when you were a new guy and how it felt. I was nervous, anxious, and excited at the same time. What was the group going to be like and would I relate to the guys where questions I had? But I was desperate for freedom and something had to change I just didn’t know how.
This is often how new guys come to Pure Life Alliance in a time of crisis, hope, and shame. Contacting a new guy is the first step towards walking in Purity and you are making a difference.
The initial contact should be very brief maybe 5 minutes and helps get the new man referred to the right group and joining FMO.
Please fill out either the Intake form or the unreachable form below. Once you have filled out the unreachable form 3 times then you no longer need to reach out to this prospect. For more information on how to conduct the phone interview please see the FAQ below.
- Check your personal email every day. When you are given a new guy to contact we will send you the new guy’s contact info. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you receive an email, call the new guy as quickly as possible to try and make contact.
- What to do when you make contact.
- Have the FMO Intake form available on your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Introduce yourself.
- “Hi, I am ____ with Pure Life Alliance. I am following up on your inquiry about our For Men Only groups. Is this a good time to talk?” Use your First Name only.
- If this is not a good time for the guy, arrange for a better time and call back then.
- Ask what it is they are looking for to verify that they are a match for an FMO group (looking for help with sexual purity).
- Walk through the form with the new guy. Verify his contact information then walk through the form with him. The web form will guide you!
- Allow for the new man to ask questions about the group
- If they answer “yes” to either of the legal questions, do not ask for details or allow them to give you any details. Interrupt if necessary.
- Once you complete the form, Click Submit. You are done!!
- What to do if you DO NOT make contact.
- Leave a message with your First Name only!!
- On the message explain that in order for the new guy to get plugged into FMO it is important that you speak over the phone.
- Leave whatever contact number you want him to call.
- Make 3 contact attempts. If you do not reach him then reply to the email you received from email@example.com and let them know you did not make contact.
- You are done!
- If the man has a legal issue, is a registered sex offender, or admits to child pornography you must reply to the FMO email and let them know. The office will handle this further.
- If the man is out of the area then reply to the email you received and let the office know. We have resources for guys in other states.
- Do NOT meet the man in person. This should only be done over the phone.
- Try to place the man in the group with the fewest members on the day and time that works best for the new guy. For example, Tuesday night has 2 groups in Beaverton. Choose the one with the fewest guys first to try and keep the groups even.
- Follow and use the web form. If you reply to the email you received with the contact info we will need you to still complete the web form.
- Keep the conversations short. The initial contact is not the time to listen to his story or be his counselor. It is a time to explain who and how PLA works, answer his questions, and see if he wants to join.
- Make sure you cover Sharing the Cost. As soon the web form is submitted it will trigger the office to reach out to the new guy to complete his registration.